We love this simple recipe – perfect for work or school lunches, or paired with a salad for a light lunch or dinner!
- 7 eggs
- 80g pecorino cheese, grated
- 1 cup light milk
- 3 medium zucchinis, grated
- 2 handfuls spinach, finely chopped
- ½ bunch basil, leaves removed, finely chopped
- ¼ bunch parsley, leaves removed, finely chopped
- 4 stems dill
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch cracked pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180˚C fan-forced and grease four 14cm x 8 cm mini loaf tins, then line with non-stick baking paper
2. Beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl, stir in the milk and grated pecorino
3. Add the grated zucchini and all of the herbs except the dill. Stir until combined
4. Pour the frittata batter evening between the four loaf tins. Lay a stem of dill on the top of each and gently press down into the batter
5. Bake frittata for 20 to 25 minutes or until risen and golden
6. Let the frittatas cool in their tins for 10 minutes before taking them out
7. Serve with a leafy green salad
Tip: if you don’t have mini loaf tins use a 20 cm square cake tin stead. Adjust the cooking time to 30- 35 minutes and slice into 4 individual squares.
Originally published on The Local Girl – one of our favourites.