If you’re after a healthy treat that’s fun to make with the kids these school holidays, look no further than these delicious Banana Pops!
- 3 ripe but firm bananas
- 250g 70% dark chocolate
- 100g crushed peanuts
- 50g desiccated coconut
You will need:
- 6 paddle pop sticks
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut bananas in half and insert a Popsicle stick into each half. Place bananas on baking sheet and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the chocolate in a microwave safe dish (stirring every 30 seconds) or in a bowl over a half full pot of simmering water. Stir until smooth.
- Dip each banana pop 3/4 in the chocolate, then sprinkle with crushed peanuts or desiccated coconut.
- Pop them back on the baking tray and freeze Banana Pops for at least 30 minutes
- Serve and enjoy!
- Store in airtight container in freezer for up to 2 weeks.