If you’re looking for a simple and delicious dessert for your next dinner party, why not try this amazing Banoffee Ice Cream Pie?
- 3 Banana’s chopped
- 600ml Cream
- 400ml Tin Caramel Top ‘n’ Fill
- 220g Milk Chocolate
- In a large microwaveable bowl, melt 160g chocolate in 30-second increments, stirring well after each, until smooth.
- Line a 20-cm spring form cake tin with cling wrap.
- Pour the chocolate into the base of the tin, smooth with a spoon and place in the freezer.
- In a large bowl, beat 300ml of cream just until soft peaks form. Add the Top n Fill Caramel and mix to combine. Pour half the caramel mixture over the chocolate base and return to the freezer for 2 hours. Cover remaining caramel with cling wrap and refrigerate.
- Once caramel layer is nice and firm, remove from freezer and cut bananas in 2-cm chunks and place over the top.
- Melt another 60g of chocolate in the microwave until smooth. Add the chocolate layer. Sit for 2 minutes, then top with remaining caramel. Smooth the top once again. Return to the freezer to completely set, at least 2 hours.
- Before serving whip the remaining 250ml of cream and smooth over the top of the ice-cream cake.
- Decorate by grating chocolate over the top.