This chicken drumstick recipe will be sure to warm your soul this winter!
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup rice vinegar
3 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 tsp. five-spice powder
1 tsp. sesame oil
Hot Asian-style chili sauce to taste (optional)
12 chicken drumsticks
2 spring onions, thinly sliced
1. Combine the first 7 ingredients in a large, shallow bowl or dish. Mix in the chilli
sauce, if using. Add the chicken and turn to coat. Cover, refrigerate and marinate
the chicken, turning occasionally, for 4 hours, or overnight.
2. Preheat the oven to 190c. Line a large baking sheet with grease proof paper.
Remove chicken from the marinade and set on the baking sheet.
3. Spoon the marinade in the bowl into a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer, and
simmer marinade until lightly thickened. Brush the chicken with the hot marinade.
4. Bake the chicken 30 to 35 minutes, or until cooked through.
5. Arrange chicken on a platter, drizzle with pan juices, sprinkle with green onion
and serve with steamed rice.