Corn on the cob to suit
1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup coriander leaves, chopped
½ cup Parmesan cheese, finely shaved or grated
1 lime, juiced and zest
2-3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon ground chili powder
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
Salt & fresh ground peppercorn, to taste
- Soak corn in pot of warm, well-salted water for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in food processor pulse together butter, coriander, lemon juice, garlic, paprika, chili powder cayenne, & salt/Pepper.
- Remove all but inner most leaves of the husk, leaving only a single layer of Leaves.
- Optional: skewer corn length-wise with wooden skewers soaked for 20 minutes prior to grilling.
- Pull back the remaining leaves & remove inner-most fibers of the corn.
- Brush corn liberally with cilantro-lime butter, then pull leaves back over corn.
- Preheat grill to Medium/Hot.
- Grill corn for 12-15 minutes, turning intermittently, until all sides nicely charred & bright in color.
- Remove corn from grill, brush kernels with additional coriander-lime butter.
- Garnish with Parmesan, lime zest & seasonings, to taste.
- Plate & serve hot.
Originally published by A Bachelor & His Grill