- 10 large free range eggs
- 150g Danish feta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. dried chilli flakes
- Sea salt or Himalayan pink salt
- Cracked pepper
- 1 small spanish onion, finely chopped
- 250g butternut squash pumpkin, cubed, cooked (see tip)
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp. pepita seeds
- 2 tbsp. sunflower seeds
- Olive oil spray
- Preheat the oven to 180ᵒC/160ᵒC fan and lightly oil (I use olive oil spray) 12 x 180ml capacity mini loaf baking pans or muffin pans.
- In a large bowl whisk the eggs and stir in 100g crumbled feta, spices, dried chilli and season with salt and pepper.
- In another bowl combine onion, pumpkin, brown rice and spinach.
- Divide brown rice and vegetable mixture evenly between 12 loaf pans
- Pour 1/3 cup egg mixture in each loaf pan
- Top with extra crumbled feta and seeds and bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden and cooked through
- Serve 2 frittatas with any salad you like
Keep in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Tip – buy pre-cut cubed pumpkin and cook in microwave to save time.
For more great recipes from Bernardi’s Foodie, Georgie, visit her blog: The Local Girl.